We don’t know that much about Aquaman, but considering how far away the release is, that isn’t that surprising. As the months go by we should get more information, but today Dolph Lungren spoke to the Las Vegas Review-Journal about playing King Nereus in the upcoming DC movie.
It is good to be king. Basically, I try to keep the peace down there along with Amber Heard, who plays my daughter. She’s trying to convince me to join the right side. Then you have Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother. We’re trying to avoid war between the surface dwells and the people of Atlantis.
This actually confirms a rumor that was going around recently that the dynamic between Mera and Nereus was going to be changed for the movie. Or at least not in line with the New 52, which is what a lot of the DC Extended Universe is drawing inspiration from.
Summary: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.
Aquaman will be directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, and Willem Dafoe. It will be released December 21st.
- Disney in Talks to Reboot the Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise - October 23, 2018
- Joker: Dante Pereira-Olson Cast as Young Bruce Wayne and Douglas Hodge Cast as Alfred Pennyworth - October 23, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 2: Preview, Summary, and 7 Images - October 23, 2018
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018