Comedy Central won’t be starting up the 12 steps just yet. The network has announced a sixth season renewal for their unreliable narrator-led historical reenactment series, Drunk History. The series, hosted by Derek Waters, features inebriated guests explaining little known moments in history while various actors… some of which are rather famous… act out the stories as they are told. The new season has also been expanded from 13 for season five to 16 for season six.
The fifth season debuted on January 23rd and was the #1 original series in the 10 p.m. slot among 18-34 year old men. Among season five’s reenactors include: Jillian Bell, Jack Black, Josh Charles, Rob Corddry, Kat Dennings, Kirsten Dunst, Tony Hale, David Harbour, Brian Tyree Henry, Vanessa Hudgens, Johnny Knoxville, Jane Krakowski, Abbi Jacobson, Tatiana Maslany, Joel McHale, Mandy Moore, Bob Odenkirk, Jesse Plemons, Seth Rogen, Amber Tamblyn, Allison Tolman, and Weird Al Yankovic. While the list of folks tossing back the drinks and spinning the tales include Tiffany Haddish, Rachel Bloom, Kyle Mooney, Randall Park, Questlove, and Mae Whitman.
Season five will airs their first seven episodes and then go on hiatus, coming back later this year for the final six. Season six will debut next year.
Drunk History airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on Comedy Central
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018