Avengers: Infinity War merchandise is starting to leak out, and I was surprised to walk into our local Walmart today and find the Titan Hero Power FX Iron Spider Spider-Man figure from Hasbro on the shelf. They also had the Hulk, but I left that one. The Spider-Man interested me greatly because of the new suit for the film, and I am a sucker for the Iron Spider suit from the comics.
The packaging they are using for the line looks great. I love all of the purples and golds alluding to Thanos. They did a great job designing that logo as well. Big pics of Spidey all over the place, while you will also notice there are figures like this for Captain America, Iron Man, and Star-Lord.
Two major selling points for this one: the new Spidey suit, and the FX Pack that attaches to the figure on the back. The FX pack contains quite a few phrases, all spoken by someone that is definitely not Tom Holland. Nothing too spoilery; things like “Web Shooters engaged,” “Here comes Spider-Man,” “It’s web-slinging time,” “This suit is awesome,” and a bunch of gross-sounding web-shooting noises. He does say, “Deploying web wings,” so those may make an appearance again, and he does also say, “Whoa, heads up!” — but that could mean anything.
These Titan figures are not really for collectors; they are more affordable for kids. There is no elbow, ab, or knee articulation, so that limits what you can realistically do with Spidey. The spider-arms move a little off the FX pack, but not much, and they fall off constantly. As a collector, if you were just popping him on the shelf to stand there, it isn’t bad. I love the look of this suit; the gold really adds character. If you just want a really cool-looking example of the new suit from the film, this one works pretty well.
Avengers: Infinity War stuff will be hitting stores hard these next couple weeks and in the next month. As we find it, we will show it to you.
- Kong Gets a Very Amazing, Very Expensive Statue from Prime 1 Studio
- Black Panther's Awesome Villain Erik Killmonger Gets a Hot Toys Release
- We Take a Look at the Thanos Figure from Avengers: Infinity War
- Joss Whedon Exits the Batgirl Movie
- Fortnite's Version 3.0 is Live, Bringing Faster Building and 60FPS to Consoles
- A Wrinkle in Time: Reese Witherspoon Talks the Importance of Diversity in Front and Behind the Camera
- 'Killing Eve' Teaser Offers Look at Eve and Villanelle's Warped Relationship
- Hamilton's Brandon Victor Dixon Cast in NBC's Jesus Christ Superstar
- Chris McKay Enters Negotiations for Dungeons & Dragons, but What About Nightwing?
- Christopher McQuarrie Confirms Mission: Impossible Fallout Has Wrapped
- Donald Glover Says Solo: A Star Story Will Be "More Fun" Than Previous Star Wars Movies
- Marvel Publishes Tag And Bink Star Wars Comics Again, Ahead of Solo Movie
- Marvel Comics Full Solicits For May 2018 - A Fresh Start (Images UPDATE)
- Let’s Take an Early Look at the Marvel Legends Defenders Rail Authority SDCC Exclusive Set - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take an Early look at the Marvel Legends SDCC Exclusive Red Skull and Tesseract - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Mattel WWE Entrance Greats Bobby Roode Figure - July 14, 2018
- Bait Brings TMNT, Bruce Lee Funko Pops…and Wu-Tang Clan Transformers to SDCC - July 13, 2018
- Lets Take a Look at Some Scooby-Doo ‘Doo Good’ Merch From BoxLunch - July 13, 2018