As a prequel set 700 years before the events of the first entry in the long-running RPG series, Ys Origin is a great starting point for those wanting to jump into the series. The game also stands as a fantastic entry in the series for those that want to experience it from the beginning. And now it is coming to a new platform for a new group of players to enjoy.
Coming a year after its release on the PS4 and PS Vita, developer and publisher DotEmu has announced that Ys Origin will be releasing for the Xbox One this coming spring in a post on Xbox Wire. The port itself will bring over the acclaimed version of the prequel, and marks the first time that the series will be appearing on an Xbox console. While the Xbox Wire post indicated that the new version of the game will feature “exclusive content” of some variety, no specific mention was made of what exactly that content will entail.
Ys Origin is currently available on PS4, PS Vita, and PC, and will be heading to Xbox One this spring — for a closer look at the game, you can check out the new announcement for the game’s Xbox One version below.
- Review: Omensight is a Breath of Fresh Air - May 26, 2018
- Double GTA Bucks and Tons of Sales in GTA Online this Weekend - May 26, 2018
- Elder Dice Have Returned with a Second Kickstarter Campaign - May 26, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts III Will be Playable for E3 Attendees - May 26, 2018
- EA DICE Reconfirms Commitment to Player Choice and Female Playable Characters for Battlefield V - May 26, 2018