Today’s Avengers #681 gives us a fuller origin for Voyager. You know, the character who appears to have been retconned into Avengers history without explanation, including the rewriting of previous stories and the recarving or previous statues. Somewhere between The Sentry and Jessica Jones, but with the strong undercurrent that her presence isn’t real, can’t be real, and somehow it will all be explained.
I still think the Jarvis Incursion idea is a good one. But now we get her version of who she is and how she came to be, with her quantum scientist parents having some… difficulties.
They’re married scientists, maybe they should have experimented. But it was enough for young Valerie Vector to put herself in danger…
A living Vector. Handy surname, that. And as alliterative as any other Marvel character. Oh, and it seems it was enough to keep her folks together as well, so there’s some wish fulfilment thrown in.
Oh, come on, Jarvis — you know that it’s just an elaborate lie…
AVENGERS #681 LEG
(W) Al Ewing, Jim Zub, Mark Waid (A) Aaron Kim Jacinto, Mike Perkins (CA) Mark Brooks
NO SURRENDER Part 7
Who is Voyager? Valerie Vector, the forgotten founding Avenger, tells all! And a fan-favorite Avenger returns to the fold as the stakes in the battle for Earth become clear!
Rated T+In Shops: Feb 21, 2018
- Toy Fair New York: Entertainment Earth is Going Big With Pin Mates, New Site Design This Year
- Toy Fair New York: Mattel Shows off New WWE, Barbie, Batman, Jurassic World, Polly Pocket, and More!
- Toy Fair New York: Playmobil Shines with Ghostbusters, Dragons, World Cup, and Monsters!
- MCM London Debut: Five Years Later…. Josceline Fenton’s Hemlock #5 - October 22, 2018
- Frank Cho Gets His Ballpoint Out - October 22, 2018
- Amy Chu and Her Interns’ Commentary on Dejah Thoris #9 - October 22, 2018
- Zenscope’s Journey to MCM Via London’s Comic Shops - October 22, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018