On Monday, photos posted on the CW_LegendsofTomorrow Instagram account made it seem like we might be seeing a return of old west hero Jonah Hex (Johnathon Schaech) to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. The image showed Keiynan Lonsdale dressed as Kid Flash in front of an old building saying Last Salvation Saloon. Salvation is the town where the Legends have met Hex twice before. Now CB.com has confirmed with Warner Bros. that Jonah Hex will indeed be returning for the season finale.
Schaech has appeared as DC’s favorite bounty hunter twice before, once per season. He has ties to Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), who also seems to be getting more active in the second half of the season. The duster and six-gun look Rip had in season one was directly influenced by his time in Salvation with Hex, and in the future, Rip names his son Jonas after his friend.
Though his appearance was confirmed, there is no indication of how Hex will play into the battle with the Time Demon, Mallus. He could team up with the Legends, work against them with Kuasa and Damien Darhk, or maybe he is Mallus himself. I’d guess he’ll be working with the Legends, and it is perfectly in character for him to be willing to go up against a demon, regardless of the dangers.
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW. The season finale is scheduled for April 12th.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018