On Monday, photos posted on the CW_LegendsofTomorrow Instagram account made it seem like we might be seeing a return of old west hero Jonah Hex (Johnathon Schaech) to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. The image showed Keiynan Lonsdale dressed as Kid Flash in front of an old building saying Last Salvation Saloon. Salvation is the town where the Legends have met Hex twice before. Now CB.com has confirmed with Warner Bros. that Jonah Hex will indeed be returning for the season finale.
Schaech has appeared as DC’s favorite bounty hunter twice before, once per season. He has ties to Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), who also seems to be getting more active in the second half of the season. The duster and six-gun look Rip had in season one was directly influenced by his time in Salvation with Hex, and in the future, Rip names his son Jonas after his friend.
Though his appearance was confirmed, there is no indication of how Hex will play into the battle with the Time Demon, Mallus. He could team up with the Legends, work against them with Kuasa and Damien Darhk, or maybe he is Mallus himself. I’d guess he’ll be working with the Legends, and it is perfectly in character for him to be willing to go up against a demon, regardless of the dangers.
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW. The season finale is scheduled for April 12th.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Season Finale Synopsis Released - March 22, 2018
- Read Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files: Fool Moon #1, Part of Dynamite’s Latest Digital Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom to Appear on iZombie - March 22, 2018
- Magicians Season 3, Episode 11: Messing Around with Time - March 22, 2018
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018