Echo Lands is a new, multi genre series from J.H. Williams and W. Haden Blackman that was unveiled at the Image Comics Expo this afternoon. The series focuses on the character named Hope, her sticky fingers and the Earth’s last war. The book is laid out to convey the rollercoast ride that Hope will be going on. There will be a wide range of characters introduced from a wide range of genres.
The story is set in a world with a hidden history and is a mystic mash-up of robots, cowboys, vampires, pirates and anything else they can think of. But overall it’s a character driven story about a girl who is a thief and she steals something from a despotic wizard. She ends up on the run with her friends from that same wizard and ends up exploring the world and all of it’s secrets. Hope has a messed up past, but her upcoming journey makes her even more compelling.
Williams and Blackman originally teamed up for a run on Batwoman for DC Comics. They’ve been working on this project for years, even before collaborating on Batwoman. Williams says he created the character of Hope when he was a kid.
No specific release date has been set because of their desire to get as many issues in the can prior to release.
- Exclusive: J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Cavallero Bring ‘Impossible, Incorporated’ to IDW - June 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: The Final Battle of Supergirl vs. Reign - June 18, 2018
- Addressing Those Flash Season 5 Rumors - June 18, 2018
- Showtime Gets Desus & Mero for Weekly Late-Night Show - June 18, 2018
- Matt Ryan on John Constantine and His Journey to the Waverider - June 18, 2018