At the Image Comic Expo today, writer/artist Rick Remender got up to talk about his new series Death and Glory, a new series he’s doing with European artist Bengal about a young woman who lives off the grid and fights to stay that way. Glory is her name and she believes in a romanticized version of road living. A version that Remender claims he himself believes in after spending the last few years sitting at his desk, writing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. He has a fantasy of selling everything, buying an RV and hitting the road with his family. His wife tells him ‘no’ and get back to work.
The tagline for Death and Glory reads:
“Five Thousand Miles, Four Heists, Three Days, Two Psychopaths and One Woman who has had enough.“
The first issue is 40 pages and will be out in May. They have been working on the project for a few years now and have several issues already done. The project got started because of Bengal telling Remender that he loves drawing cars. According to Remender, no artist loves drawing cars. From my experience, that is a very true statement.
When Remender tried to tell the audience when the book was coming out, someone in the audience pointed out that the poster behind him said May 2018.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018