Blackbird is a new comic book series just announced at Image Expo 2018 from Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel. A comic book that has been in the works for a year.
Jen: “Told Sam I want to draw demons, magic, and beautiful people.”
Described as Harry Potter meets Riverdale, it is set in LA, with an attempt to capture the smog/soft light aesthetics.
Nina has a hard life but Nina is kept going by her core belief that Magic is real… and Blackbird is about the day she is proven right.
Coming out in October 2018.
BLACKBIRD by Sam Humphries & Jen Bartel
Sam Humphries (NIghtwing, Green Lantern) and Jen Bartel team up to co-create BLACKBIRD a modern fantasy story best described as Harry Potter meets Riverdale. It follows a young woman named Nina who discovers a neon-lit world of magic masters in Los Angeles. Now they’ve kidnapped her sister, and Nina is the only one who can save her.
“BLACKBIRD is a labor of love, a coming of age story and beautiful people doing insane things with magic,” said Humphries.
The series launches from Image Comics in October 2018.
- Bryan Hill and Rodney Buchemi Create New Kiss Comic, Blood and Stardust, From Dynamite - July 16, 2018
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Exposes the TV Endorsement – Like Brass Eye Did 20 Years Ago - July 16, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018