Blackbird is a new comic book series just announced at Image Expo 2018 from Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel. A comic book that has been in the works for a year.
Jen: “Told Sam I want to draw demons, magic, and beautiful people.”
Described as Harry Potter meets Riverdale, it is set in LA, with an attempt to capture the smog/soft light aesthetics.
Nina has a hard life but Nina is kept going by her core belief that Magic is real… and Blackbird is about the day she is proven right.
Coming out in October 2018.
BLACKBIRD by Sam Humphries & Jen Bartel
Sam Humphries (NIghtwing, Green Lantern) and Jen Bartel team up to co-create BLACKBIRD a modern fantasy story best described as Harry Potter meets Riverdale. It follows a young woman named Nina who discovers a neon-lit world of magic masters in Los Angeles. Now they’ve kidnapped her sister, and Nina is the only one who can save her.
“BLACKBIRD is a labor of love, a coming of age story and beautiful people doing insane things with magic,” said Humphries.
The series launches from Image Comics in October 2018.
- The Daily LITG, 16th December 2018 – Happy Birthday, Tom Spurgeon - December 16, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018