Today sees the release of Amazing Spider-Man #796 by Dan Slott, Christos Gage, Mike Hawthorne, Terry Pallot, Sam Smith and Erick Arciniega.
It sold out in advance from Diamond Comic Distributors and went to second printing. The previous issue, Amazing Spider-Man #795, is already selling for $15 to $25 on eBay with up to $35 for the Dale Keown variant.
While today’s issue, before it has even gone on sale is selling from $10 to $22 on eBay. Any copy placed at anything close to the $3.99 cover price is snapped up instantly.
There is much speculation that this will have the first full appearance of the Red Goblin, the new character created as a merger of Norman Osborne and Carnage who has a serious issue with Spider-Man for all sorts of reasons. I’m off to pick up a copy (if I can) from Orbital Comics in London right now, along with the rest of this week’s stash. If anyone wants to say hi, I’ll probably be in the Breakfast Club afterwards kidding myself that their smoothies are actually healthy.
One place the character does appear is on the Clayton Crain cover to ComicXposure’s exclusive retailer variant, which they sold for $30 or $45 for the virgin cover version but have sold copies on eBay for up to $1oo each.
I know, what can I say, people have Goblin fever.
Okay, the bus is coming, I’ll see what they have in store when I get there.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #796
(W) Dan Slott (A) Mike Hawthorne (CA) Alex Ross
THREAT LEVEL RED Part 3
• You’ve watched for months as Norman Osborn has scoured the globe for a cure to the genetic tampering that prevents him from becoming the Green Goblin.
• IN THIS ISSUE…HE FINDS IT!
• And it spells the worst kind of trouble for your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
In Shops: Feb 21, 2018
- Alan Davis Joins Captain America #703 - April 26, 2018
- Which Back Issues are Getting the Avengers: Infinity War Effect – and Which Ones Might Be About To - April 26, 2018
- Many Armors of Iron Man Mini-Comic Given Away for Tony Stark: Iron Man Launch Party - April 26, 2018
- Why the Movie Thanos is More Chilling Than the Comic Book Thanos [Minor Spoilers] - April 26, 2018
- Almost All Marvel Comics Nominated for Eisners This Year Have Been Cancelled - April 26, 2018