This Saturday, February 24th, Crunchyroll will be presenting their own Anime Awards live on Twitch to honor achievements in the genre over the course of 2017. But today, the company announced with Twitch a way to make the experience interactive beyond their site. According to a press release this morning, the company will allow streamers to “Co-Stream” the event, a feature where broadcasters can show the awards on their own channel and offer commentary on the event (ala MST3K), while interacting with their chat to vote on who they think will win and chat about the winners after they’re announced. Below are some details of what to expect from the awards show, hosted by Erika Ishii and Anthony Carboni, which will kick off at 6pm PST this Saturday.
In addition to the awards, there will be appearances from over a dozen special guests, including filmmaker Freddie Wong, voice actress Stephanie Sheh, and the always hilarious ProZD. There will also be a Cowboy Bebop-themed musical performance from Alice Underground and the first Anime Awards Industry Icon recipient, Chris Sabat, will be honored for his work on some of anime’s most influential and popular series, including Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fairy Tale.
- Toy Fair New York: Playmobil Shines with Ghostbusters, Dragons, World Cup, and Monsters!
- The Darwin Project Is Getting An Open Beta This Weekend
- Overwatch: Blizzard's "Puppy Rumble" Is for All the Kibble!
- Help the Game Grumps with Their Crisis Text Line Charity Stream on Twitch
- Twitch Launching New Community Connection Tool Called "Rooms"
- In Case You Need More Valentines, Nintendo Has Your Back
- Sea Of Thieves Experiencing Server Issues on Opening Day - March 20, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Coming to LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Sooner Than Expected - March 20, 2018
- Xbox’s Phil Spencer Says They’re Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros. - March 20, 2018
- Fortress Festoon: Exploring Geeky Jewelry and Watches from ThinkGeek - March 20, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077 - March 20, 2018