Earlier today we reported that Christoper Nolan is not in the running for Bond 25 and wondered how they were going to make their release date if production didn’t start soon. It seems MGM looked at a calendar and agreed because we have another name in the ring. According to Variety director Danny Boyle is on the shortlist to direct the next Bond movie. No formal offer has been made yet but he’s the one they want according to the source.
Boyle has keen interest in the project and has always wanted to direct a Bond film. He is currently developing a project for Working Title, but with no cast currently attached, there is always the possibility of pushing that movie back to direct the 25th installment in the series.
Boyle is known for directing across vast genres. He has an Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire but he’s also directed 127 Hours, 28 Days Later…, Sunshine, and both of the Trainspotting movies. He always brings something unique to all of his movies and could be the shot in the arm the Bond franchise needs after Spectre failed to live up to expectations.
- Bidding War Ends- Bond 25 Lands at Universal Pictures
- Toy Fair New York: Playmobil Shines with Ghostbusters, Dragons, World Cup, and Monsters!
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018