The crusade to convince Warner Bros to release the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League has just gained a prominent ally, one who is strong in the force! That’s right, Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, has expressed admiration for deposed DCEU architect Zack Snyder, naming Snyder’s earliest DC movie his “favorite watch.” Asked the question on Twitter, Hamill was quick to respond:
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 18, 2018
While Watchmen isn’t part of the legendary trilogy that began with Man of Steel and would have ended, if not for the interference of Warner Bros and alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon, with Justice League, it did serve as a spiritual predecessor in terms of tone and style. Of course, as we all know by now, the original cut of Justice League, which contained the vaunted Zack Snyder’s Vision in its pure and unaltered form, was thrown out in favor of reshoots by Whedon, producing the underperforming blockbuster that we all avoided seeing in theaters.
Warner Bros has since gone on to release a few deleted scenes showing the promise of the Snyder Cut, but they have fallen short of giving in to increasing fan demand to release the Snyder Cut in its entirety. This, despite petitions, historic marches, websites, and even the power of love all fighting for the chance to see Zack Snyder’s Vision restored to its rightful place on a Justice League special edition home video release.
But though fans might be disappointed by the lack of a full Snyder Cut on the current home video release, gaining Mark Hamill as an ally in the fight is something of a consolation. Hopefully, Warner Bros is paying attention and realizes the folly of their ways soon.
- This Valentine's Day, Say "I Love You" With the Snyder Cut of Justice League
- DC-Loving Long Beach Mayor Baffled By Deleted Justice League Snyder Cut Superman Scenes
- Bleeding Cool Mail Bag: The Old-School Comment Section Returns
- Superman's Black Suit, Key Component of Snyder Cut, Revealed in Justice League Bonus Scene
- Scientists Discover Massive Hidden Ancient Mayan Ruins; Still No Sign of Justice League Snyder Cut
- Zack Snyder Drops Biggest Clue Yet That the Snyder Cut of Justice League Is Real
- With No Snyder Cut, Star Wars: The Last Jedi to End Up with Disappointing $1.3 Billion Box Office
- More Than a Dozen March on Burbank to Demand Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League [PHOTO]
- Dan DiDio Congratulates Tom King on Batman Selling 100K+ for 50 Issues - April 26, 2018
- IDW’s Tom Waltz Teases “Top Secret” G.I. Joe Project for September - April 26, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Eisner Nominees - April 26, 2018
- Dark Horse to Turn Portland Soccer Players into Superheroes for National Superhero Day - April 26, 2018
- Disney Channel to Launch Anime-Inspired ‘Star Wars: Resistance’ Cartoon from Dave Filoni This Fall - April 26, 2018