Dark Horse Comics has done some massive numbers with their encyclopaedic volumes for The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts, The Art of Splatoon, and The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening.
And they are continuing their Nintendo relationship with the Super Mario Encyclopedia. A 256-page hardcover volume for $39.99.
It will contain content from all seventeen Super Mari games and span more than 30 years of the franchise’s history —from the original Super Mario Bros to Super Mari 3D World.
Readers can track the evolution of the Goomba, witness the introduction of Yoshi, and relive favourite levels. This tome also contains an interview with producer Takashi Tezuka, tips to help you find every coin, star, sun, and mushroom — even candid explanations of glitches. With information on enemies, items, obstacles, and worlds from over thirty years of Mario, Super Mario Encyclopedia is intended to be the definitive resource for everything Super Mario.
“Dark Horse is incredibly proud to continue our partnership with Nintendo,” said Dark Horse President and Founder Mike Richardson. “Together, we’ve produced beautiful art books to honor the ground-breaking games Nintendo’s created. We’re proud to give fans another way to appreciate the material.”
Super Mario Encyclopedia goes on sale October 23th and is available for preorder now.
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018