If you visited Shanghai Disney Friday morning, you got to watch a special treat: a once-a-year eye dotting ceremony welcoming in the Chinese New Year! General Manager of the resort, Philippe Gas, was on hand to dot the eyes of two lions during a ceremonial dance. Dotting the eyes awakens the spirit of the lion, who will then spread good fortune and cheer. Mickey, Minnie, and of course Pluto were on hand to welcome in the new year: The Year of the Dog!
The ceremonies aren’t over just yet, either. Guests can enjoy special festivities throughout the park to celebrate the new year!
- Nerd Food: Dragon Plum Candy from Japan Crate - April 19, 2018
- Nerd Food: Style Your Home with These Kidrobot Yummy World Items - April 19, 2018
- Nerd Food: Pureral Gummy Apple Snack from Japan Crate - April 18, 2018
- Nerd Food: Unknown Hero Tea from Nerdfelt Tea Conjures Doctor Who Feels - April 18, 2018
- Nerd Fashion: Disney Princess TOMS Are Here to Help You Look Good and Do Good - April 18, 2018