If you visited Shanghai Disney Friday morning, you got to watch a special treat: a once-a-year eye dotting ceremony welcoming in the Chinese New Year! General Manager of the resort, Philippe Gas, was on hand to dot the eyes of two lions during a ceremonial dance. Dotting the eyes awakens the spirit of the lion, who will then spread good fortune and cheer. Mickey, Minnie, and of course Pluto were on hand to welcome in the new year: The Year of the Dog!
The ceremonies aren’t over just yet, either. Guests can enjoy special festivities throughout the park to celebrate the new year!
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018