If you visited Shanghai Disney Friday morning, you got to watch a special treat: a once-a-year eye dotting ceremony welcoming in the Chinese New Year! General Manager of the resort, Philippe Gas, was on hand to dot the eyes of two lions during a ceremonial dance. Dotting the eyes awakens the spirit of the lion, who will then spread good fortune and cheer. Mickey, Minnie, and of course Pluto were on hand to welcome in the new year: The Year of the Dog!
The ceremonies aren’t over just yet, either. Guests can enjoy special festivities throughout the park to celebrate the new year!
- Nerd Food: Don’t Worry, This Maleficent Cake Jar Won’t Put a Spell on You - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Flying Dog Bleacher Beer is Summer in a Can - July 17, 2018
- Don’t Be Crabby! Relax with Sweet Suds’ Rainbow Crab Bath Bomb [VIDEO] - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Watch Disneyland Candy Makers Create ‘Up’-Inspired Treats - July 16, 2018
- An Afternoon at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, One of the Most Family-Friendly MLB Parks - July 16, 2018