Epic Games has been paying close attention to fan outrage as Fortnite has grown, keeping a close eye on issues that may come up and make the game hard to play. So when fans started raging about how the Double Pump Shotgun worked during a match, the devs finally took a hammer to it and changed the settings. Below is the official word from Epic on the matter, but the shorthand is that you’ll no longer get a free reload when you fire the gun, switch weapons, and then switch back to kill the reload time. From now on, if you fire it, you will be forced to pump the gun and reload. We’re sure many a highlight reel will now be ruined by these changes, so look forward to the other half of the community complaining about it after the update.
The Pump Shotgun’s high damage is balanced by its long reload time, and bypassing that weakness makes the weapon stronger than intended. So, with the upcoming release of 3.0.0, we are making an adjustment to the Pump Shotgun behavior. If you fire the Pump Shotgun and quickly switch weapons, the next time it’s selected it will be forced to pump before firing again. This feature will only be enabled for Pump Shotguns, but we will closely monitor other weapon types for similar concerns.
- You'll Soon Be Able To Play As John Wick in Fortnite
- PUBG Sales Reach 30 Million as PC Player Base Drops Off
- Fortnite's Latest Patch Introduces Lunar New Year Items and 4K Support
- Epic Games Is Removing The SMG From Fortnite
- Fortnite Pro Player JScubby Dropped from HavoK Esports After Suicide-Baiting Comments
- Fortnite Smashes PUBG's Concurrent Player Record & Crashes The Servers
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018
- The Fortnite Runes Are Moving Toward the Floating Island - October 20, 2018
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018