There is a lot of discourse when it comes to sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic and how they try to break down reviews into just numbers. Then there is further discord about the fact that fan ratings on these sites don’t always line up with critic ratings. There are other ways of finding out what audience members think of a movie, and that is CinemaScore. CinemaScore polls audience members outside of screening and ranks them based on that feedback. It’s very rare for a movie to get an A+, yet Black Panther is the first superhero movie to do so since The Avengers in 2012.
— CinemaScore (@CinemaScore) February 17, 2018
Black Panther is currently going through a massive opening weekend and shattering box office records left and right. It’s good to see that it’s not just a movie breaking records, but a genuinely good movie that is breaking records. Black Panther doesn’t have much in the way of competition for a few weeks, so its box office take is only going to grow from here.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It’s out now.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018