There is a lot of discourse when it comes to sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic and how they try to break down reviews into just numbers. Then there is further discord about the fact that fan ratings on these sites don’t always line up with critic ratings. There are other ways of finding out what audience members think of a movie, and that is CinemaScore. CinemaScore polls audience members outside of screening and ranks them based on that feedback. It’s very rare for a movie to get an A+, yet Black Panther is the first superhero movie to do so since The Avengers in 2012.
— CinemaScore (@CinemaScore) February 17, 2018
Black Panther is currently going through a massive opening weekend and shattering box office records left and right. It’s good to see that it’s not just a movie breaking records, but a genuinely good movie that is breaking records. Black Panther doesn’t have much in the way of competition for a few weeks, so its box office take is only going to grow from here.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It’s out now.
- Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Over Old Offensive Tweets - July 20, 2018
- 20th Century Fox Brings the Fun to Their Panel for The Predator - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018