There is a lot of discourse when it comes to sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic and how they try to break down reviews into just numbers. Then there is further discord about the fact that fan ratings on these sites don’t always line up with critic ratings. There are other ways of finding out what audience members think of a movie, and that is CinemaScore. CinemaScore polls audience members outside of screening and ranks them based on that feedback. It’s very rare for a movie to get an A+, yet Black Panther is the first superhero movie to do so since The Avengers in 2012.
— CinemaScore (@CinemaScore) February 17, 2018
Black Panther is currently going through a massive opening weekend and shattering box office records left and right. It’s good to see that it’s not just a movie breaking records, but a genuinely good movie that is breaking records. Black Panther doesn’t have much in the way of competition for a few weeks, so its box office take is only going to grow from here.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It’s out now.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018