In 2014, Dreamscape Comics in Bethlehem, Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, closed after 30 years.
Four years later, in exactly the same spot, Steel City Comics and Games, has opened on 302 W. Broad St. in Bethlehem. And the heavens rejoiced.
Steel City is owned by Robert Cusick and Lauren Kyle, selling comics and games — both card, board and video — with an emphasis on retro and Friday night Magic the Gathering tournaments.
Open seven days a week, the store is specialising in dollar-priced back issues and had two hundred thousand in stock waiting to be flicked through.
And, naturally, they are animal friendly. Expect donkeys, sheep, and cattle lowing next.
Bleeding Cool covers the closing – and opening – of comic book stores. We’re more likely to discover the former rather than the latter, as the result of an active fanbase, so please let us know when a new store in your neighbourhood is opening as well as closing. Email email@example.com.
- Comixology Bestseller List, 20th July 2018: Of Course It’s Batman - July 20, 2018
- The Collectible Comic Creator Pins of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 20, 2018
- Loot Crate Go Big on Rick & Morty and DC For July’s Mayhem Crates - July 20, 2018
- Avatar Press Has 753 Comics On Sale On Comixology Right Now - July 20, 2018
- Dale Eaglesham’s Shazam With Geoff Johns in November – and a Killing Zone That Will Span a Political Century - July 20, 2018