In 2014, Dreamscape Comics in Bethlehem, Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, closed after 30 years.
Four years later, in exactly the same spot, Steel City Comics and Games, has opened on 302 W. Broad St. in Bethlehem. And the heavens rejoiced.
Steel City is owned by Robert Cusick and Lauren Kyle, selling comics and games — both card, board and video — with an emphasis on retro and Friday night Magic the Gathering tournaments.
Open seven days a week, the store is specialising in dollar-priced back issues and had two hundred thousand in stock waiting to be flicked through.
And, naturally, they are animal friendly. Expect donkeys, sheep, and cattle lowing next.
Bleeding Cool covers the closing – and opening – of comic book stores. We’re more likely to discover the former rather than the latter, as the result of an active fanbase, so please let us know when a new store in your neighbourhood is opening as well as closing. Email email@example.com.
- Batman, Avengers, and Spider-Man Dominate Advance Reorders - April 25, 2018
- The Silencer and Deathstroke Have a Lot of Work to Do to Become Superfriends - April 25, 2018
- So How Much Do the Terrifics Want to Be like the Fantastic Four? - April 25, 2018
- Taking a Look at James Rhodes’ Gravestone in Invincible Iron Man #599 - April 25, 2018
- Doop’s Goodbye Words to Wolverine in Hunt For Wolverine #1 - April 25, 2018