On Monday, the Switch version of RiME will be getting its latest update. Version 1.0.2 will bring a slew of changes and gameplay improvements to the Switch edition of the game.
The most notable changes come in the form of visual improvements. RiME’s texture quality will be improved in some areas as well as overall image resolution. Shadow quality has also been improved alongside the player’s view distance. Furthermore, the game’s FPS has been stabilized. You can check out the full list of patch notes below.
The developer mentioned that because these fixes and improvements are coming to the Switch version of RiME later than expected, they’ll be offering players who own their other title, Dreadnought, the chance to redeem some in-game goodies. The developer doesn’t mention whether or not this deal is exclusive to those who purchased the Switch version. If you email email@example.com with the subject line “RiME Switch Dreadnought Bundle,” you’ll receive a slew of goodies in the game.
RiME Switch 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
- Sharpened image resolution
- Opening Cinematics visually improved
- Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
- Increased texture quality in specific areas
- Increased view distance
- Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
- Updated texture mipmaps for the Fox
- Improved global mipmaps
- Improved shadow distance and quality
- Fixed instances of foliage pops
- Stabilized FPS
- Optimized the Boys cape and hair physics
- Rebuilt streaming volumes
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages.
- Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
- Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly.
You can check out some screenshots down below comparing version 1.0.1 to version 1.0.2 on the Switch. RiME is available right now on Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Six Foot Officially Releases Dreadnought on Steam
- The Xbox One X and S Will Soon Be Getting 1440p Support
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018