Sony Interactive Entertainment released its ranking for PS4 sales on the Japanese PlayStation Store related to the week between February 5th and February 11th.
The top twenty were:
- Monster Hunter: World
- Dynasty Warriors 9
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Simple DL Series G4U Vol. 1 The Mahjong
- Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
- Battlefield 1 Revolution
- Hoshi no Kakera no Monogatari: Hitokakera-Ban
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Dragon’s Crown Pro
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Fallout 4
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Unsurprisingly, Monster Hunter World has held the top of the chart for the third week in a row, which is not a surprise. Monster Hunter has done incredibly well both critically and commercially since launch.
Dynasty Warriors 9 placed second, while Dragon Ball FighterZ managed to hold in third position, which left Bandai Namco’s other game, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, in fourth place.
That said, there are some disappointments with Shadow of the Colossus in eighth place, and Dragon’s Crown Pro in sixteenth. This confirms the trend that remasters do not sell well in the Japanese market, especially when they provide only a nominal resolution boost.
Meanwhile, some older games have hit top spots due to recent sales.
- Koei Tecmo Adds in a Much-Needed Patch for Dynasty Warriors 9
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Receives A Launch Trailer
- Monster Hunter: World Still on Top of Japanese Sales Charts
- Bandai Namco Address Patches Coming For Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Check Out The Latest Trailer For Super Robot Wars X
- Ubisoft Releases The Next Patch Notes For Assassin’s Creed: Origins
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018