It never hurts to send a card to someone, especially in this day and age where everything we do can be handled with a text or a tweet or an email. A card has become a much more thoughtful gift or gesture by default because it has greater meaning. And HBO would like to help whatever Game Of Thrones fan in your life you need to send a card to experience that feeling just a little extra. The company has partnered with Lovepop to create these specially designed cards for the series that should get the drums beating in their hearts when they open it.
There are five cards to the set, each one representing a different house in the series. Each card has its own specific name and title depending on who you want to send your best wishes to, including The Iron Throne, Weirwood Tree, Drogon and Daenerys, The Night King and Viserion, and Euron’s Ship. The cards themselves act like pop-up books with specific paper designs that unfold when you open them, mimicking the opening sequence to the show to a degree as the land of Westeros is formed before your eyes.
These paper creations are simply well designed and made in the most intricate fashion to have a certain degree of detail that opens every time without catching on other folds and cuts and tearing apart. Each card has enough room for you to create a message or fill with signatures or put in your most personal thoughts to whoever may be receiving it. The best part is these cards work for most any occasion, as you can tie one into almost any holiday or season, or simply use them to celebrate important events like birthdays and anniversaries.
These Game Of Thrones cards from Lovepop are pretty damn good, the only hiccup people may have on this is the price and variety as you’ll be paying $50 for a set of five with one of each card in the set, and there are no options to buy multiple of the same card. Individually, each one is $15, which is a hefty price for a card but you also have to keep in mind you’re buying a piece of paper art and not just a simple two-page fold-out. These are for extreme fans, but we think once you send one, they’ll worth it when you see the reaction from whoever you gave it to.
- Check Out This Amazing NYC Game of Thrones Cosplay Shoot!
- New Ether, Blackwood, Witchfinder and World Of Tanks in Dark Horse Solicits for May 2018
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 6: Marvel, Deadpool, Smallville, Game of Thrones, Hellboy, and more!
- [Olympics] Tonight We Get The Men's Free Skate (aka Long) Program
- The Umbrella Academy: Colm Feore, Ashley Madekwe, Two More Cast
- Maisie Williams Thinks It's "For the Better" that New Mutants Got Delayed
- Skybound Entertainment Reveals New VR Title ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners’ - July 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Adds the Teen Titans to DC Universe Online - July 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives a New SDCC Trailer - July 18, 2018
- ‘Survived By’ Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone - July 18, 2018
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War’s Next Update Will Remove In-Game Market - July 18, 2018