Disgraced WWE Hall-of-Famer Hulk Hogan has given fans a new update on his quest to overcome a secretly recorded racist tirade and return to WWE. In an interview with an ABC affiliate in Tampa Bay, Florida, Hogan spoke about his desire to return to the ring (as transcribed by 411 Wrestling).
“The fans are pulling for it, wrestlers are pulling for it,” Hogan said, referring to wrestlers like Booker T and Mark Henry who have recently said he should be able to return. “We’ve got a really good rapport with everyone and we are working towards it – changing the story and making things right again.”
As for what Hogan might do if he returned, he has something in mind. The 64-year-old Hogan would like to step in the ring one more time with the 68-year-old Ric Flair, his former rival turned best friend.
“I don’t miss any workouts, I’m 65 years old and I’m trying to talk Ric into getting in the ring with me one more time,” Hogan said, though this battle of the senior citizens could presumably happen outside of WWE. “Ric seems to forget, maybe he’s been hit in the head with too many steel chairs. In this business – Never say Never.”
But don’t expect Hogan to get into politics, even though, with Trump elected president despite bragging about sexual assault on tape, Hogan could probably get elected despite his well-publicized racist tirade. Especially in Florida. But he’s not interested.
“They tried to reel me in, but I’m a full-time beach bum, I’ve got it made…” Hogan replied when asked about running for a Florida Senate seat. “As far as going into politics and going to Washington and playing softball with everybody shooting at me, forget it. There’s no chance.”
Watch the interview below:
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return
- Saint Germaine, Raven Chronicles, Legends of Aukera, and Caliber Presents: Caliber Comics’ July Solicitations - April 25, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Glyph Comics Award Nominees - April 25, 2018
- Cartoonist Musa Kart, Cumhuriyet Journalists Sentenced to Prison for Criticizing Turkish President - April 25, 2018
- Baron Samedi Awaits in Preview of Shadowman #3 by Andy Diggle and Stephen Segovia - April 25, 2018
- Nickelodeon is Bringing Back Double Dare - April 25, 2018