The women of the Marvel are finally starting to come to the forefront of the series. It’s only taken ten years but the people in charge are finally starting to figure out that women can move tickets and merchandise. People have been all over Marvel lately about using their female characters better and Kevin Feige seems to be taking it all to heart. In a recent conversation with Vulture Feige talked about the bounty of female characters they have to work with including all of the ladies coming out of Black Panther.
“It is an embarrassment of riches,” Feige recently told Vulture with a big grin on his face. “Even watching the audience at the Black Panther premiere respond to Lupita, Letitia, and certainly Danai in their action sequences … you watch Danai spinning around in that casino, taking out dozens of people, and you go, ‘Of course you can make a whole movie about that!’”
When it comes to giving someone like Valkyrie or Black Widow their own movie Feige admitted that it really comes down to when and how. The studio recently hired a writer for a Black Widow movie which is very much overdue.
“It is all about figuring out when and how,” admitted Feige. “But by the way, many of them have already filmed additional scenes in upcoming movies, so some of that is gonna come sooner rather than later. All of them will be seen again.”
A lot of these characters are going to make appearances in Avengers: Infinity War. Danai Gurira‘s Okoye is seen in the Infinity War trailer running along side T’Challa.
Back in January some picture of Brie Larson in her Captain Marvel costume leaked but Feige didn’t seem too bothered by it.
“If you want to film out in public — and Captain Marvel has a lot of scenes that will be shot on location — it’s gonna happen,” he said. “Everything is filmed [by paparazzi] nowadays, so years ago, we decided, ‘If it’s gonna happen, let it happen.’ Most people are savvy enough to know they’re looking at a behind-the-scenes photo, completely out of context. So we don’t do things like rush photos. We released some concept art of her with different colors. People online have correctly identified what’s going on there.”
Which means that people should probably calm down about the different colors and that the theories about it not being the final suit were probably correct.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It will be released on February 16th.
- Captain Marvel Should Lead All-Female Avengers, Says Evangeline Lilly
- From Iron Man to Black Panther: Marvel Studios' True Superhero, Casting
- New York Toy Fair: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Figures Debut From Playmates
- New York Toy Fair- Jurassic World Toys From Mattel Revealed
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018