According to a recent post from Dual Shockers, an interview with Cloud Imperium Games has shown that the company has exponentially grown to 475 employees who are all working on various projects revolving around Star Citizen. Below is a snippet from the piece, in which Foundry 42 Studio Director Erin Roberts reveals that the $178 million they’ve raised so far is at least going into the game at some level.
Roberts mentioned that such a large staff is required by the fact that Squadron 42 on its own has a scope similar to a huge AAA game, then there is the effort on building new technology, and the Star Citizen persistent universe is a huge content undertaking as well.
According to Roberts, since the team has the staff size and the ability, 2018 will be a really good year in terms of getting a lot of gameplay and content in the hands of the community.
The new Derby office was opened to focus mostly on facial animation due to the local presence of a group of specialized developers that Cloud Imperium wanted to involve in the project.
Even though it’s nice to know there are so many people working on the game, it doesn’t really bring us any closer to knowing when they’ll be finished with it. A target date would be a nice piece of information to get next time the company talks numbers.
- Star Citizen Loads A New Video Up About Weapons & Space Combat
- Cloud Imperium Games Releases A New Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Video
- Star Citizen Raised a Staggering $35 Million in 2017
- All Star Citizen Backers Can Download Alpha 3.0 Today
- Star Citizen Livestream Boasts Funding Goal & New Content
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Patch Adds a New Car and More - April 26, 2018
- A 13-Year-Old Gets an Esports Contract to Play Fortnite - April 26, 2018
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Gets a Trailer and Release Date - April 26, 2018
- Laser League Gets an Official Release Date for May - April 26, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Becomes The Legend of Zelda’s Best-Selling Title - April 26, 2018