Joker has had many bust, figures, statues, and other pieces of merchandise made in his likeness over the years, but this new bust from DC Collectibles Gallery Collection takes the cake. Releasing this October and limited to only 200 pieces, the bust is designed by Hollywood makeup icon Rick Baker, probably most famous for doing the makeup work in An American Werewolf in London. It will be a 1:1 scale bust as well, so life-size! Baker had this to say when asked about creating the piece:
“When DC Collectibles approached me about this project, I told them I was interested, but wanted complete control of the design,” recalls Baker. “I figured they wouldn’t go for it, but to my surprise, they said ‘OK.’ I insisted that I would need a proper amount of time to create the bust and their answer was, ‘Take whatever time you need.’ I asked if I could choose the character and they said, ‘Fine.’ I told them I wanted to make a version of The Joker that’s never been done before,’ and they replied, ‘Sounds great.’ I then said, ‘You guys are just too difficult,’ and left. [Laughs] Seriously though, I didn’t expect DC Collectibles to keep their promises, but they did. I had a blast sculpting my version of The Joker and exploring his twisted and demented personality.”
Jim Fletcher, executive director of DC Collectibles, adds, “DC Collectibles is always seeking out interesting artists from different industries to bring their unique art styles to DC’s popular characters, and we are thrilled to partner with Rick Baker on this sculpture. From the disturbing eyes to the sinister smile, Rick did a masterful job capturing The Joker’s psychotic demeanor.”
This thing is a terrifying work of art. My favorite part is that under different lighting it looks both silly and menacing, which is a hard thing to accomplish. This thing is going to be expensive, but I bet it sells out almost instantly when offered later on this spring.
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 3: Mister Rogers, Bendy, Overwatch, Weird Al, and Atomic Blonde!
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 2: IT, Tomb Raider, Gossip Girl, Potter, and Bob Ross!
- NECA Debuts a Trio of Horror Figures From The Fog, Re-Animator, and a New Freddy!
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 1: Disney, Doug, Wrinkle in Time, Jetsons!
- A Nigerian Take on the New Black Panther Movie
- ReedPOP, Syfy Wire to Live-Stream NYCC, ECCC and C2E2 in New Deal
- Robin of Sherwood Returns... with Tony Lee Writing
- Maisie Williams Thinks It's "For the Better" that New Mutants Got Delayed
- Rush Limbaugh Talks Authoritatively About the Black Panther Movie
- Oscar Isaac Sometimes Shot The Last Jedi and Annihilation on the Same Day
- Charmed: 'Jumanji' Star Ser’Darius Blain Set for CW Reboot Pilot
- Rhys Wakefield and Ray Fisher Join Cast of True Detective Season 3