This is what the MCM Comic Con logo used to look like.
WIth variations for its various locations.
It’s still based around explosions but now it’s a harsh, unforgiving series of angles from the future, with the orange background turned into the line details and the background turned jet black. Well, Reed Pop do like a black background.
It has also lost the comic-book allusions of the original logo, with the fists flying.
When it used to look more…
Reed POP shuttered some of the shows and is now focusing on MCM Comic Cons in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. And, as before, each show will have its own amended logo…. just the amendment is a lot smaller, as London above, and Birmingham below.
A PR release has Mary Franklin, Global Event Director for ReedPOP saying “When we talked to fans at MCM London and Birmingham this past fall, they told us about their attachment and affection for the MCM brand. MCM and ReedPOP want to honour their loyalty to the shows and to their fan communities. We are planning fresh, expanded experiences, guest lists, and programming for all upcoming shows.”
And MCM are launching a new “We Are The Fans” marketing campaign with the following mission statement. mission statement:
MCM Comic Con. Bringing you the UK’s most awesome pop culture experiences! Here at MCM, we are a diverse squad of event professionals equipped with specialist superpowers, uniting to deliver innovative pop culture experiences for you, our fans. We want to inspire your curiosity, unleash your inner geek and provide you with a safe and welcoming space to be yourself and celebrate the fandoms you love. We will seek out incredible guests, exciting exhibitors and unique content from the worlds of movies, comics, media and gaming to deliver truly unforgettable experiences. Who are we? We are the fans, for the fans. We are MCM Comic Con.
With Emily Hopkins, Senior Marketing Executive at MCM Comic Con saying “We’re so excited to launch the ‘We Are The Fans’ campaign for our 2018 shows! This campaign represents being proud of who you are, celebrating what you love and knowing that MCM Comic Con is behind you every step of the way. We are a show run by fans, for our fans and we are committed to making MCM events the ultimate fan destination.”
MCM Birmingham Comic Con is on 17-18th March at the NEC with MCM London Comic Conon the 25-27th May, at ExCeL London
- Doomsday Clock Wave of Figures Coming From DC Collectibles
- Full Boom Studios Catalog For December 2018 Solicitations Sees Grant Morrison and Dan Mora Return to Klaus - September 18, 2018
- Comic Creator Tim Yates Pleads Guilty to Distribution of Child Pornography - September 18, 2018
- Full Dynamite Entertainment December 2018 Solicitations Sees Vampirella Vs Reanimator and Hack/Slash Vs Chaos - September 18, 2018
- Full Image Comics December 2018 Solicitations – Spawn Kills Everyone Too, Die, Hardcore, The Freeze, Self-Made - September 18, 2018
- Nightwing May Be Losing His Dick But Batman Is Getting One - September 18, 2018