Today, indie developers Funbakers and publisher Playdius announced a brand new augmented reality detective game set to be released on March 1st for iOS called Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird. The game will make use of ARkit technology and be more of a choose-your-own-path kind of scenario where your decisions affect how the game plays out, as you attempt to solve murders in the 19th Century Victorian Era America. You can purchase the first episode in the Apple Store today for $3, but the full game won’t be out until the beginning of March. The company is also working on a version for Android, but no target date has been set yet. You can see some of the game’s features below.
- Hands-on Detective Work: As one of the first ARKit-powered titles to launch on mobile, Augmented Reality features call on players’ true detective skills as they investigate objects and places of interest to uncover clues and evidence.
- Unforgettable Artwork: Minimalistic modern interface and design brings the game’s haunting Victorian era setting to life as players unravel the mysteries haunting the streets and back alleys of Snowport.
- A Page-turner Adventure: Written by Richard Cobbett, a renowned games journalist and writer for Fallen London, Sunless Sea, Sunless Skies, and Long Journey Home, Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird will keep players engaged and investigating through the title’s many twists and turns.
- Pop on Your Headphones: Experience professional voice acting and detailed Victorian ambience in every location of the game, underscored by epic music from the brilliant MihkelZilmer.
- Just the Beginning: Today’s launch of Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird marks the beginning of the Silent Streets saga. Expect additional chapters for both iOS and Android devices as the adventure continues.
- Call of Duty Figures Coming from McFarlane Toys
- Cosplay Spotlight: Stars and Stripes and Steel Lotus Design Studios
- Yoko Taro Will Be Holding A Panel At GCD To Talk About NieR:Automata (Maybe)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Toy License Heads to Diamond Select Toys
- Capcom Know You Want Monster Hunter: World On Switch But It Doesn't Look Likely
- Ubisoft Announces Release Date for Might & Magic: Elemental Guardians - March 18, 2018
- ‘A Summer Lesson’ Characters are Coming to Tekken 7 - March 18, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Gets a New Kingdom of Northymbre Trailer - March 18, 2018
- Friday The 13th: The Game Adding More Mechanics to Make You Jason - March 18, 2018
- Pokkén Tournament DX Reveals New DLC Screenshots - March 18, 2018