If you’re not familiar with the Twitch channel Twitch Plays Pokémon, the channel is essentially a faceless game of Pokémon where you can join the entire chat community in playing one of the titles in the series trying to beat it. At its peak, the channel damn near had a religious cult following behind it that would rival real ones with physical churches. The channel even got a special award from Twitch during the first TwitchCon noting its success and let a random audience member give the thank you speech. The popularity of the channel has died down over the years, even with it beating almost every game in the series. But to celebrate its fourth anniversary, the channel has returned to the basics in a particularly interesting way.
The feed you’re seeing above is a livestream of the channel, where it has set up both Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue for fans to beat both titles at the same time. And you can join in on the process as we speak as the stream allows the audience to put in commands through the chat to control the game’s actions for whichever you wish. As of the time we write this, both games are tied with two gym badges, but Pokémon Blue is slightly ahead in progress overall. Do you wish to help Red get ahead, or have Blue win on cue? It’s all up to you!
- Pokémon GO Launch Their New Lunar Event On February 17th
- Twitch Launching New Community Connection Tool Called "Rooms"
- Rita Ora Joins the Already Weirdly Impressive Cast of Detective Pikachu
- Lying in the Gutters - 11th February 2018 - An Altered Carbon Footprint
- Pokémon GO Release Two Pokémon From Being Region-Locked
- Dataminers Find A New Legendary On The Way For Pokémon GO
- Lying in the Gutters, 4th February 2018 - Don't Jinx It...
- You Won’t Be Getting a Roadmap for Sea Of Thieves - March 19, 2018
- Ubisoft Announces Release Date for Might & Magic: Elemental Guardians - March 18, 2018
- ‘A Summer Lesson’ Characters are Coming to Tekken 7 - March 18, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Gets a New Kingdom of Northymbre Trailer - March 18, 2018
- Friday The 13th: The Game Adding More Mechanics to Make You Jason - March 18, 2018