Could the era of the WWE brand split be coming to a close? According to recent rumors rocking the pro wrestling dirt sheets, that might very well be happening.
For starters, Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is considering making all PPVs starting with WWE Backlash in May dual-branded, meaning that, just like the big four PPVs of WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and the Royal Rumble, the PPVs will feature Superstars from both brands. The flurry of speculation kicked off with email sent to fans by Ticketmaster and posted on /r/SquaredCircle:
Attention ticket holder!
This is just a friendly reminder about your event..
WWE Presents Backlash Prudential Center Sunday, May 6th at 7:30PM
This will now be a combined Pay Per View with RAW and SMACKDOWN Superstars.
Now, Wrestlezone has taken things further, claiming that WWE is “internally discussing” holding another WWE Draft at Backlash, both to shake up the rosters of Raw and Smackdown Live and also to usher in the new, dual-branded PPV era.
What do you think? Is this a good idea, or will it only cause more Superstars to get lost in the shuffle? Our comments are currently broken, but send us feedback via the contact form down below and we might include it in a future letters column.
- Julia Roberts’s ‘Homecoming’ Will Premiere Friday, November 2nd on Amazon Prime Video - July 20, 2018
- Noomi Rapace Joins Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan for Season 2 at Amazon Studios - July 20, 2018
- Titan to Publish The Wrath of Fantomas, Plus a Massive Yellow Submarine Box Set - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Announces Spider-Girls by Jody Houser and Andres Genolet, Spider-Force by Christopher Priest and Paulo Siqueiro - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Confirms New Miracleman by Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham for 2019 - July 20, 2018