Could the era of the WWE brand split be coming to a close? According to recent rumors rocking the pro wrestling dirt sheets, that might very well be happening.
For starters, Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is considering making all PPVs starting with WWE Backlash in May dual-branded, meaning that, just like the big four PPVs of WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and the Royal Rumble, the PPVs will feature Superstars from both brands. The flurry of speculation kicked off with email sent to fans by Ticketmaster and posted on /r/SquaredCircle:
Attention ticket holder!
This is just a friendly reminder about your event..
WWE Presents Backlash Prudential Center Sunday, May 6th at 7:30PM
This will now be a combined Pay Per View with RAW and SMACKDOWN Superstars.
Now, Wrestlezone has taken things further, claiming that WWE is “internally discussing” holding another WWE Draft at Backlash, both to shake up the rosters of Raw and Smackdown Live and also to usher in the new, dual-branded PPV era.
What do you think? Is this a good idea, or will it only cause more Superstars to get lost in the shuffle? Our comments are currently broken, but send us feedback via the contact form down below and we might include it in a future letters column.
- Chelsea Cain Learns About the Censorship of the Batpenis and She Isn’t Happy About It - September 21, 2018
- Daredevil #609-#612 Will Be The Death of Daredevil - September 21, 2018
- Civics Lessons from The Maestro in Old Man Logan #48 Preview - September 21, 2018
- Aftershock Brings Exclusive Lollipop Kids and Beyonders Variants, Mystery Box to Baltimore Comic-Con - September 21, 2018
- Ingrid Chabbert Makes ‘Waves’ in Graphic Novel Debut at Archaia - September 21, 2018