The cast of the Detective Pikachu continues to grow every day, and it’s starting to get a little weird how impressive this cast is getting. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Rita Ora will be joining the cast of the live-action Pokémon movie. Ora is best known as a recording artist and judge on The X-Factor, but she has also started acting. She landed a role in the Fifty Shades series, which just released its final installment last Friday and dominated the box office.
The details of Ora’s character are being kept under wraps as the movie is in production right now. Not much is known about the project overall and the reaction from most people when they look at the cast list and the concept is “what?” Then again there are plenty of things that sound really silly on paper that end up working out in the end, and Legendary clearly has faith in the project to bring in all these names.
Detective Pikachu, directed by Rob Letterman, stars Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, Ken Watanabe, Bill Nighy, Suki Waterhouse and Chris Geere. It will be released on May 10th, 2019.
- The Pokémon Company Publishes Free Detective Pikachu Comic on Amazon
- Pokémon GO Launch Their New Lunar Event On February 17th
- Twitch Plays Pokémon Attempting To Beat Red & Blue Simultaneously
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018