Just a little bit ago, a brand-new poster for the upcoming Warner Bros. film Ready Player One was released, featuring a much-improved visage of the general feel of the flick. Although, from the trailers, I still think it’s maybe safe to assume that the key age demographic is going to be targeting early to mid-’90s kids rather than just ’80s kids (Iron Giant, modern game characters, etc). AND there was another clue tweeted today, too.
Anyhow, the poster is pretty bitchin’, not gonna lie. I want it on my wall RIGHT NOW. You can ALMOST make out Art3mis’s beauty mark, and it’s got our first look at Aech, Daito, and Shoto.
Over on Twitter, the official account for the film retweeted a post from a not-verified account called Halliday’s Ghost. If you’ve watched the trailers or at all familiar with the story, you know that the plot will revolve around a quest put forth by Halliday, creator of the OASIS, the VR universe everyone uses in the book by Ernie Cline.
— Ready Player One (@readyplayerone) January 21, 2018
Halliday wants someone to follow clues to discover the ultimate Easter egg, which in this case will be control of the OASIS and the future of the virtual reality worldwide experience.
The tweet this morning contained a new quatrain — one that’s not from the book, but probably ties in to a moment from the book that features a classic arcade video game:
DAY OR NIGHT WILL YOU RIDE WITH YOUR LANCE HOISTED HIGH
AND YOUR UNLIKELY MOUNT IS NOW READY TO FLY
BUT YOU’LL NEED STRENGTH IN NUMBERS TO FACE DOWN THIS BOSS
KNOWING THAT HIS WIN IS ALL GUNTERS’ LOSS
— James Halliday (@HallidaysGhost) February 13, 2018
I’m assuming here, because it was retweeted by the film account, that maybe the Halliday one is part of their marketing, which is ramping up for the March 30th release of Ready Player One.
- These 'Ready Player One' Reimagined Classic Movie Posters Are AMAZING
- [SXSW] Ready Player One Events Announced
- Ready Player One: Hot Topic Releases Their Merchandise, And We Need It ALL
- Check Out These Funko 'Ready Player One' Pops!
- Ready Player One: Final Trailer Full of Pure Imagination
- Ready Player One: Brand New Character Posters Introduce the High Five
- New Ready Player One Poster is Here, and It's So '80s
- Ready Player One 'The Stacks: Songs From The OASIS' Album Hits iTunes
- Steven Spielberg and Ernie Cline Talk Ready Player One, Plus NEW FOOTAGE
- New Ready Player One Trailer Is a Basket of Easter Eggs for Fans
- Brand New Trailer for Ready Player One Hits
- "Artemis": An Evening With Andy Weir At Kepler's Books
- ‘The Basis Of Sex’ Star Felicity Jones Compares Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Rocky Balboa - April 25, 2018
- Fallen Kingdom Has More Practical Dinos Than Previous Jurassic Park Sequels - April 25, 2018
- Universal Shows Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Opening Scene During CinemaCon - April 25, 2018
- George R. R. Martin WILL Be Publishing in 2018- But Not The Thing We Want - April 25, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk Thanos and Death - April 25, 2018