After tons of testing in the game’s PC Technical Alpha, and working with NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel, Rare has finally gifted us with a clear breakdown of Sea of Thieves‘ performance stats. Breaking from the traditional breakdown of PC specs, Rare’s team has released a spec flowchart to give you a breakdown of how well each aspect of your rig will be able to handle the multiplayer pirate RPG. So you don’t have a bare-bones set of “required” and “recommended” gear, but a nice easy breakdown of each individual rig component. This is fantastic for those with custom rigs, and for those looking to do small upgrades to their set up.
Rare released the breakdown on a new post on their Sea of Thieves development blog. The post ended with the following statement from the development team:
Our rendering team set themselves the goal early on of “how low can we go”, sometimes also referred to fondly as “getting the game running on a potato”, which is why we want to deliver a great version of the game even for those with computers below our official minimum spec. The game is perfectly playable at 540p, and one of the advantages of Xbox Play Anywhereis that if you own an Xbox One AND a low-spec laptop you can still take full advantage of it, and we absolutely encourage it! Of course if you have a beast of a rig running at 4k/60, we’ve got you covered with the best looking #GreatWater, and everything in between!
Thanks to the community and our hardware partners in helping us reach this point, and we look forward to continuing to build out the PC feature set up to and beyond launch!
In other Sea of Thieves news, the game will indeed be adding micro-transactions, but the game will be DLC free for the first three months of live service.
- Sea of Thieves Conducting Another Scale Test This Weekend
- Sea Of Thieves Developers Talk About The NPC Interactions
- More Details Emerge About Sea Of Thieves Endgame Additions
- A Gamer’s Review of Tomb Raider: Far Too Much a Retelling Than an Adaptation - March 18, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Adds an Updated Modern Warfare Map to Multiplayer - March 18, 2018
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch - March 18, 2018
- Nike is Sponsoring the Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest, Which Means Splatoon Sneakers - March 18, 2018
- Rumor: Sega is Considering Making a Sequel to Yakuza 0 - March 18, 2018