The family of the late Bill Paxton has filed a wrongful death suit against the surgeon and hospital that treated the actor. The family believes his death last years was preventable. According to reports, the family claims the surgeon used “a high risk and unconventional surgical approach with which he lacked experience”, adding that the hospital and surgeon “misrepresented and/or concealed information relating to the risks of surgery”. The family believes those factors contributed to the 61-year old’s post-op complications. Paxton died February 25th, 2017, days after undergoing heart surgery.
The family’s attorney, Bruce Broillet, said in a statement:
Bill Paxton and his family trusted the physicians and staff at this medical facility but instead Cedars-Sinai betrayed their trust. The surgeon’s actions resulted in this tragic and preventable death.
Paxton was known for his various roles in both film and television. In film he gained fame with his roles in Weird Science, Aliens, Tombstone, Twister and Titanic. In recent years found a home on television with series like Big Love, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD and Texas Rising. He was in the first season of a new series based on the film Training Day when he died.
Paxton’s death certificate officially lists his cause of death as stroke after heart surgery. Paxton was survived by his wife Louise Paxton and his two children, James and Lydia.
- Avengers: Infinity War LEGO Sets Officially Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair
- Solo: A Star Wars Story LEGO Millennium Falcon Details Released
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Toys Revealed by Hasbro Ahead of Toy Fair
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018