People have been running around like crazy people wondering what is going on with this Disney-Fox deal. Is it happening? When is it happening? What does this mean for my favorite intellectual property? There are a lot of people asking a lot of questions, and the reports that Comcast had thrown their name into the hat was making some fans — Marvel fans excited to see the X-Men and the Fantastic Four in the MCU — a little nervous. Well, Marvel fans can rest a little easier thanks to 21st Century Fox president Peter Rice, who spoke at the Recode’s Code Media event, according to Variety. He believes that Disney is the better choice over Comcast.
“I think it’s a great fit for Disney,” Rice said.
While not confirming anything so definitive, Rice seems pretty confident that the deal is still going to go through despite all of the massive amounts of speculation.
“We’ve had a speculation-palooza,” admitted Rice when asked about Comcast’s moves. He admitted that Fox assets would be a great complement to both companies, but argued that ultimately if he had to choose, Disney would be a better partner. “We are excited about it,” he said about the announced deal.
There are still some weird things going on between Fox and Disney, including all of the weird power moves we’ve seen recently — so who knows if this deal actually happens. At this point, no one can really say one way or another what’s going to happen until the ink on the contract is dry. It sounds like Fox is still leaning toward Disney at the end of the day.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018