It looks like the women’s Elimination Chamber won’t be the only match to make history on Sunday, February 25. Following the shocking conclusion of WWE Monday Night Raw, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle announced that the men’s Elimination Chamber match will feature seven participants instead of six.
— WWE (@WWE) February 13, 2018
Angle’s decision came in the wake of the ending of a Fatal 5-Way match to determine the final participant in the men’s Elimination Chamber. At the end of the match, both Seth Rollins and Finn Balor pinned Bray Wyatt at the same time as the show ended without a definitive answer on who would be in the Chamber.
In a Facebook Live interview with Renee Young after the show went off the air, Angle was asked about the incident.
“There was definitely some controversy,” Angle agreed. “But that’s what happens when you have five world-class athletes in the ring at the same time.”
Finn Balor and Seth Rollins showed up to argue their cases, but Angle had the perfect solution.
“You both proved your point,” Angle cut them off. “You both deserve to be in the Elimination Chamber. That’s right. There’s gonna be seven men in the Elimination Chamber match. Oh, it’s true. It’s damn true.”
Of course, the men’s Elimination Chamber match may feature 7 individual competitors, but it won’t be the most people ever inside the Chamber. The 2015 Elimination Chamber PPV featured a tag team Elimination Chamber match, with The New Day defeating the Prime Time Players, Tyson Kidd and Cesaro, the Ascension, the Lucha Dragons, and Los Matadores.
Angle didn’t explain how the logistics will work, since only 4 pods exist inside the chamber to keep competitors locked inside until they’re randomly released at timed intervals. Presumably, three competitors will start out in the ring at the beginning of the match, with four inside the pods.
- Archie Comics Targets Generation Z With Epistolary Fiction on Yarn App - April 21, 2018
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman - April 19, 2018
- WWE Takes Out Restraining Order on Fan Armed with Own Poop - April 19, 2018
- Starburns Industries Announces Plan to Rule Comics with SBI Press, Executive Editor Brendan Wright - April 19, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Star Scott Steiner Wonders Who Will Cut Grass if Trump Deports Mexicans - April 19, 2018