Earlier this month news broke that DC was finally pulling the trigger on a Lobo movie and Michael Bay was the frontrunner for the director’s chair. In that same report we learned Jason Fuchs is writing the script. LM Online recently caught up with Fuchs on the red carpet of the USC Libraries Scripter Awards and he gave a little insight to the story.
“I think when you’re working on comic book characters, especially ones that are near and dear to my heart, like Wonder Woman and Lobo are, you want to create something that’s true to what the original text are. I think Wonder Woman really captures the feeling of — not only the original Moulton Marston comics, but the George Perez run in the late-80s. It feels like reading those comics up on the big screen. So for something like Lobo, without saying too much about it, it’ll feel, I imagine, quite different, because the Lobo comic itself is quite different. What Keith Giffen and Alan Grant put together was something really unique, and hopefully we’ll capture some of that same spirit when we make the movie.”
Lobo is one of many rumored DC projects in the works but it’s also one of the rare ones to actually have a named script writer attached to it. Wonder Woman was a huge smash hit and considering that Wonder Woman was a huge smash hit for Warner Bros and DC and Fuchs had a hand in it maybe they’d be more willing to let him work on whatever he wants.
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018