Earlier this month news broke that DC was finally pulling the trigger on a Lobo movie and Michael Bay was the frontrunner for the director’s chair. In that same report we learned Jason Fuchs is writing the script. LM Online recently caught up with Fuchs on the red carpet of the USC Libraries Scripter Awards and he gave a little insight to the story.
“I think when you’re working on comic book characters, especially ones that are near and dear to my heart, like Wonder Woman and Lobo are, you want to create something that’s true to what the original text are. I think Wonder Woman really captures the feeling of — not only the original Moulton Marston comics, but the George Perez run in the late-80s. It feels like reading those comics up on the big screen. So for something like Lobo, without saying too much about it, it’ll feel, I imagine, quite different, because the Lobo comic itself is quite different. What Keith Giffen and Alan Grant put together was something really unique, and hopefully we’ll capture some of that same spirit when we make the movie.”
Lobo is one of many rumored DC projects in the works but it’s also one of the rare ones to actually have a named script writer attached to it. Wonder Woman was a huge smash hit and considering that Wonder Woman was a huge smash hit for Warner Bros and DC and Fuchs had a hand in it maybe they’d be more willing to let him work on whatever he wants.
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018
- The Logo for Shazam! Has Been Revealed - March 20, 2018
- Empire Releases 7 New Covers for Avengers: Infinity War - March 20, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Hawkeye is Doing His Own Thing - March 20, 2018