So for some time, there has been this rumor going around on Reddit that Blizzard was gearing up to release HearthStone on the Nintendo Switch. And why not? The game is super popular and is already made for tablets, why not port it over to the newest console on the market that uses a touchscreen? It makes sense on the surface, but like all rumors, it lacked substance like anything official from Blizzard to confirm that the game was actually being worked on for the Switch. Today, PowerUp Gaming finally got confirmation that the rumor was false. Below is a snippet from the article, which goes into more depth on how the rumor got started, where they just simply ask Dean Ayala from HearthStone‘s design team what the real story is, and his answer is pretty cut-and-dry.
Speaking with Game Designer Dean Ayala about HearthStone and the “Kobolds and Catacombs” expansion we asked point blank about HearthStone on Nintendo Switch.
PowerUp! – There are rumours that Hearthstone’s going to make its way around to Nintendo Switch. Is there anything you can tell me about that?
Dean Ayala – There are no plans to move HearthStone to the Nintendo Switch.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
- Hearthstone Update 10.2 is Live with Wild Events in Effect
- A Couple of Balance Changes are Coming to Hearthstone
- Blizzard is Planning Ranked Play Changes with Next Hearthstone Update
- Heroes of the Storm Gets Wild Animated Short to Promote New Skins
- Netflix Releases a 'Bright' Yule Log That is Literally a Garbage Fire
- Gust Announces Smartphone Release Of Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg - February 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases “The Residence” DLC for Little Nightmares - February 24, 2018
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal Four New Localization Games At GDC 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Xbox Teases Rise of the Tomb Raider Headed to Xbox Game Pass - February 24, 2018
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 Will Be Getting A Japanese Demo Next Week - February 24, 2018