Comic Cons, Conventions, Expos and Extravaganzas may be the most public face of comic book culture right now. Some of them don’t even have comics in them. Here, at least, is a quick look at a number that do – from the small, to the big…
The Leam Comic Con, held at the All Saints Parish Church in Leamington Spa on the 14th April, with Al Ewing and John Wagner in attendance, has started to put up their posters in the church grounds…
Renamed Arizona show AZ Eventure Con, as shows change their name post-Salt Lake Vs San Diego, has a new poster. A one-day inside-a-comic-shop event at Jesse James Comics in Glendale, Arizona. With Kevin Eastman as their big name guest.
Talking of naming issues, Nancy Silberkleit, co-CEO of Archie Comics is offering the trademarked phrase Comic Extravaganza for schools, libraries or organizations that have a community focus to hold a comic-based event without the worries of infringing on anyone’s trademark.
And talking even more of naming issues, the Liverpool Comic Con has a logo that does look a little familiar…
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018
- David Harewood Promises Big Changes to Supergirl at the End of Season 3 - May 26, 2018
- 15 Things to Pick Up at MCM London Comic Con 2018 Today - May 26, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018