Comic Cons, Conventions, Expos and Extravaganzas may be the most public face of comic book culture right now. Some of them don’t even have comics in them. Here, at least, is a quick look at a number that do – from the small, to the big…
The Leam Comic Con, held at the All Saints Parish Church in Leamington Spa on the 14th April, with Al Ewing and John Wagner in attendance, has started to put up their posters in the church grounds…
Renamed Arizona show AZ Eventure Con, as shows change their name post-Salt Lake Vs San Diego, has a new poster. A one-day inside-a-comic-shop event at Jesse James Comics in Glendale, Arizona. With Kevin Eastman as their big name guest.
Talking of naming issues, Nancy Silberkleit, co-CEO of Archie Comics is offering the trademarked phrase Comic Extravaganza for schools, libraries or organizations that have a community focus to hold a comic-based event without the worries of infringing on anyone’s trademark.
And talking even more of naming issues, the Liverpool Comic Con has a logo that does look a little familiar…
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018