With all the talk of the Westminster Dog Show, Netflix has chosen the perfect day to release a trailer for their new Benji movie. The original Benji premiered in 1974, created by Joe Camp and lead to a series of films and appearances through the 70s and 80s, a brief television series and even a video game. There were a lot of dog related movies in that era, Benji, Lassie, the Doberman Gang… dogs were the thing and while the others focused on more majestic breeds, Benji was a mutt, smart and adorable.
The new film is being lead by Brandon Camp, Joe Camp’s son. The film stars Gabriel Bateman, Darby Camp, Jerod Haynes and Kiele Sanchez. It tells the story of Benji, an orphaned puppy and Carter and Frankie, two New Orleans school kids living with their single mom. The kids take the stray in, trying to keep it a secret, but when danger strikes and they end up kidnapped by robbers who are in over their heads, Benji come to the rescue. Seriously, this kind of movie was huge in the 70s.
Here’s the official synopsis: Everyone’s favorite pawsome hero is coming home to Netflix in this brand new family film! Join Benji as he proves to the world that with love and determination in his heart, no obstacle is too big. Bad guys don’t stand a chance.
Benji premiers on Netflix March 16th.
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018
- Batman Vs Green Arrow in the Latest DC Versus - March 17, 2018
- Terry Dodson Adds Original Art to the Bettie Page Statue Kickstarter - March 16, 2018
- Jake McDorman Joins the Cast of the Murphy Brown Revival - March 16, 2018