As part of Bleeding Cool‘s never-ending mission to cover every corner of the pop culture universe — and because we have an unwavering love for dogs — we’ll be live-blogging the 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on Monday, February 12th and Tuesday, February 13th from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (we’ll be live beginning at 7:45 p.m. ET); with the competition broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
Entitled Going to the Dogs, our live-blog will cover both nights of group competition from New York City’s Madison Square Garden as well as Tuesday night’s “Best in Show” finale. We’ll be offering some funny and irreverent takes on the internationally renowned canine competition from the perspective of someone whose broad knowledge base on dogs extends to never feeding them chocolate, knowing that a proper mix of wet and dry food is key, and that a tennis ball is to a dog what a large cardboard box is to an eight-year-old.
So if you want to be a part of our live-blog experience, here’s a rundown on when and where you can catch the prime time group competitions on Monday and Tuesday nights; along with some info on who will be working the broadcast for FS1:
Monday, Feb. 12, 2018: 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Group Competition will be telecast live on FS1 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding groups)
Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018: 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Group Competition and Best in Show judging will be telecast live on FS1 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (Sporting, Working, Terrier groups, followed by Best in Show)
● Westminster Kennel Club’s Gail Miller Bisher and veteran FOX Sports announcer Chris Myers will be providing play-by-play during FS1’s prime-time coverage, alongside longtime judge Jason Hoke.
● Jenny Taft returns as the event’s host, with FOX Sports’s Karyn Bryant also back and interviewing the Group and Best in Show winners and judges.
● Skip and Shannon: Undisputed‘s and NFL veteran Shannon Sharpe joins primetime coverage to offer personal perspectives; while The Herd with Colin Cowherd‘s Kristine Leahy joins the coverage as a prime time correspondent and to cover social engagements.
● Jennifer Hale and Rachel Bonnetta serve as floor reporters; with Bonnetta also serving as FOX Sports’ digital correspondent, streaming live hits on the FOX Sports Facebook page from behind the scenes at Madison Square Garden and from the Best In Show press conference.
- The Real World: MTV Brings Reality Show Reboot to Facebook Watch - October 17, 2018
- Original ‘Sesame Street’ Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch Puppeteer Caroll Spinney Retiring - October 17, 2018
- Madison, Behold ‘Return to Murder House’ in FX’s American Horror Story: Apocalypse Preview - October 16, 2018
- The Gang Gets All “Inception-y” in FXX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Preview - October 16, 2018
- BlacKkKlansman’s Paul Walter Hauser Joins ‘Cobra Kai’ Season 2 - October 16, 2018