If you’re following Cloud Imperium Games and their ever slow march toward finally releasing Star Citizen, the next video they’ve released will probably give you a lot more hope for the game than you’ve probably had in some time. Aside from the fact that they surpassed $178 million in crowdfunding this week, the company released a new video showing off several weapons in the game, as well as the mechanics to space combat. That’s right, instead of getting your usual video about how pretty the game looks and how realistic they’ve made objects appear, you’re getting actual game physics and weapons that you can sink your teeth into. The segment is hosted by two of the game’s tech designers, John Crewe and Andy Nicholson.
If that isn’t quite your thing, there’s one other video you might be interested in as they released a new “Around The Verse” segment featuring character customization. We’re not going to spoil anything from the video if this is your jam, but the essentials are they you can make your character look like practically anyone with an array of designs for your suit as well. Those of you playing it will be seeing the next update to the alpha, 3.1, released in March.
- Cloud Imperium Games Shows Off Star Citizen's 3.3 Update
- Cloud Imperium Has Nearly 500 Employees Working On Star Citizen
- Cloud Imperium Games Releases A New Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Video
- Star Citizen Raised a Staggering $35 Million in 2017
- All Star Citizen Backers Can Download Alpha 3.0 Today
- Star Citizen Livestream Boasts Funding Goal & New Content
- Crytek Sues Cloud Imperium Games for Breach of Contract on Star Citizen