Gun Media’s Friday the 13th game had a bit of a rough start, but the main criticism focused around the lack of single-player, offline play for those simply looking to hack-and-slash their way through awful teenagers. Gun Media later revealed that a single player mode was in the works as a free DLC, just later on in development. Now however, Gun Media’s has shown off the single player challenges for Friday the 13th: The Game in a new video, and they look like a promising and murderous treat for a free DLC.
As seen in the new footage, players take on the role of Jason as his maniacal mother whispers into his ear that the teens with a broken down car deserve death. Following that is a display of the powers and environmental-based gameplay that we can expect from the solo gameplay. The first teen walks into the woods to take a leak — Jason following with a killer-tinted night vision and teleportation. Once he gets the jump on him, Jason lifts him up impaling him on a broken tree branch.
Next, Jason sets his sights on the remaining teen who is fixing up the car. Waiting until he would be out-of-sight, Jason approaches the teen who is under the wheel well replacing a tire. Efficiently, Jason pulls away the jack making the entire car crush the teenager.
What’s better about the video than the general proof of concept, is the fact that the developers confirm the challenges will offer many different ways to solve challenges. So gamers picking up Friday the 13th: The Game may find entirely new ways to kill both teenagers in this sample setting.
Friday the 13th: The Game‘s single player challenges will be available to everyone who has the base game at no additional cost. While the release date or window for these changes have not been detailed, anyone can grab the base game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Check out the single player gameplay video below.
- Friday The 13th: The Game Adding Color Variants for Jason
- Friday The 13th: The Game Teases Jason Weapon Swapping
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018