Disneyland has been a travel destination ever since it first opened its doors on July 17th, 1955. Since then, the House of Mouse has gone worldwide, and the original Anaheim location has added additional magic.
California Adventure, the neighboring park segment, first opened on February 8th, 2001, and despite some hiccups, has become a pretty great experience (I could pun and say ex-PIER-ence) for adults and children alike. And no, not JUST because of the bars — although they’re pretty fab, not gonna lie.
In February, the Parks celebrate Lunar New Year to coincide with the Chinese calendar. There are all kinds of goodies available at the individual stands within California Adventure, and I’mma eat my way through them later today, so make sure you check back for that. The Lunar New Year events in the park run until February 18th.
There is also the unofficial Villains Day, an organization not unlike Dapper Day, Throwback Night, Bats Day, or Tiki Day. These are gatherings where Disney lovers interested in the various themes Disney Bound (fashion with a Disney twist, but NOT costumes) and meet up for group photos.
My group is technically here for Villains Day, but there is a more personal reason I’m visiting the park this weekend. I’ll get in to that in another park diary post.
What is your ideal time during the year to visit the park, and what is your cannot-miss snack?
- Halloween at Disneyland 2018- Coco At The Pixar Pier
- Disney's 2018 Halloween: Return of Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket and More
- Nerd Food: Disneyland's Lunar New Year Menu
- Laura Dern Visits Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland!
- An 'Incredible Summer' is Headed to Walt Disney World!
- Disney's 'Jungle Cruise' Movie Still Happening, Emily Blunt Joins The Rock
- Star Wars: Secret of the Empire VR Experience Now Open in Downtown Disney
- Disneyland to Start Refurbishments on Attractions Today
- Disney Just Made Back the $4 Billion They Paid for Lucasfilm
- Netflix’s New ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Series Poster, Release Date - December 10, 2018
- Legendary Pictures Working on ‘The Toxic Avenger’ Feature Film - December 10, 2018
- ‘Picard’ Will Balance ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘Next Generation’ Says Kurtzman - December 10, 2018
- Brie Larson Adds ‘Captain Marvel’ Items to TimesUp Auction - December 10, 2018
- Disney’s Avengers Initiative Launching Global Park Presence - December 10, 2018