Disneyland has been a travel destination ever since it first opened its doors on July 17th, 1955. Since then, the House of Mouse has gone worldwide, and the original Anaheim location has added additional magic.
California Adventure, the neighboring park segment, first opened on February 8th, 2001, and despite some hiccups, has become a pretty great experience (I could pun and say ex-PIER-ence) for adults and children alike. And no, not JUST because of the bars — although they’re pretty fab, not gonna lie.
In February, the Parks celebrate Lunar New Year to coincide with the Chinese calendar. There are all kinds of goodies available at the individual stands within California Adventure, and I’mma eat my way through them later today, so make sure you check back for that. The Lunar New Year events in the park run until February 18th.
There is also the unofficial Villains Day, an organization not unlike Dapper Day, Throwback Night, Bats Day, or Tiki Day. These are gatherings where Disney lovers interested in the various themes Disney Bound (fashion with a Disney twist, but NOT costumes) and meet up for group photos.
My group is technically here for Villains Day, but there is a more personal reason I’m visiting the park this weekend. I’ll get in to that in another park diary post.
What is your ideal time during the year to visit the park, and what is your cannot-miss snack?
- Disney's 2018 Halloween: Return of Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket and More
- Nerd Food: Disneyland's Lunar New Year Menu
- Laura Dern Visits Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland!
- An 'Incredible Summer' is Headed to Walt Disney World!
- Disney's 'Jungle Cruise' Movie Still Happening, Emily Blunt Joins The Rock
- Star Wars: Secret of the Empire VR Experience Now Open in Downtown Disney
- Disneyland to Start Refurbishments on Attractions Today
- Disney Just Made Back the $4 Billion They Paid for Lucasfilm
- ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting - August 16, 2018
- Disney Reportedly Standing Firm on Not Reinstating James Gunn - August 15, 2018
- ’47 Meters Down’ is Getting a Sequel Because… We’re Not Sure - August 15, 2018
- Sounds Like Dave Filoni Won’t Be as Involved in ‘Star Wars Resistance’ - August 15, 2018
- Dave Filoni Comments on Captain Rex ‘Star Wars: Return of the Jedi’ Fan Theories - August 15, 2018