Stephen King has finally approved the release of a special edition of his award-winning novel Misery. Going up for order on August 8th, the special edition will come in three awesome editions, including two different ones signed by King himself along with artist Rick Berry. The numbered edition is limited to 200 copies, and the really rare and limited one is the lettered edition, which numbered by one of 26 letters A-Z. More info can be found down below:
RIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN 1987, Misery was nominated for the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel in 1988, and was later made into an Academy Award winning film starring Kathy Bates and James Caan, as well as an off-Broadway play of the same name.
Misery’s protagonist is Paul Sheldon, a writer famed for his Victorian-era romance novels that revolve around the life and loves of Misery Chastain. Following the completion of his latest book, Paul is rescued from a near fatal car crash by his self-proclaimed #1 fan Annie Wilkes, who transports the writer to her home only to hold him hostage after discovering what Paul has done to Misery in his latest book. Annie forces Paul to write a new book modifying the story – no matter what it takes.This is the first time Stephen King has approved the publication of a limited edition of Misery.
ABOUT THE EDITION
The Signed Limited Edition of Misery is published in three states: An Artist Gift edition, a Numbered edition and a Lettered edition. All three oversized editions measure 7.5” x 10.5”, and feature eight new full-color illustrations by Rick Berry, whose critically acclaimed work includes the Donald M. Grant editions of The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub
ARTIST GIFT EDITION
Signed by Rick Berry, the slipcased Artist Gift edition features a dust jacket with stunning wrap-around artwork by Berry. It is a smyth-sewn binding with full imperial cloth, two-hits stamping on front and spine, and is offset printed on Mohawk Superfine Eggshell paper. The gift edition print run will be determined based on pre-order demand, but is capped and will be very limited for a Stephen King book. Is the only edition of the three with the wrap-around dust jacket art.
The Numbered edition is limited to 200 copies, and is signed by Stephen King and Rick Berry. The first 185 copies are for sale and numbered in black. The remaining 15 copies are numbered in red and reserved for private distribution. It is a full Japanese cloth, smyth-sewn binding featuring a blind stamped front cover, and a leather spine label stamped in 22K gold leaf. The edition is printed letterpress on Cranes Lettra Pearl White cotton paper, and housed in a custom clamshell box.
The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies for sale lettered A-Z, and is signed by Stephen King and Rick Berry. It is printed letterpress on moldmade Arches wove paper with a deckled fore edge, and handbound in full crimson goatskin leather. Endpapers are marbled, and made exclusively for this edition. The binding is sewn and rounded with a hollow back designed to prevent sagging fo the page block.
The edition includes an original frontispiece print pulled from a wood engraving by renowned illustrator and designer Barry Moser. The print is limited to 26 copies and is signed by Barry Moser. The title is made using six original Royal glass typewriter keys which are inset into the cover, and the letter designation is a Royal key inset into the lower back cover.
The book is housed in a custom walnut wood box designed to resemble an original royal Model 10 packing crate, and features a black suede-lined book bed. The box is laser engraved and handcrafted by Dick Olson at his workshop in Farmington, new Mexico.
- WWE Hasbro Book is on Kickstarter Now, and it Looks Like a Collector's Dream, Brother
- Nintendo Switch Will Be Getting Legend Of Kay: Anniversary Edition
- Fifty Shades Freed Review: For Fans A Satisfying End; Little Ado For Everyone Else
- Brian Michael Bendis on Turning Down Batman for Superman
- Justified's Michael Dinner to Direct L.A. Confidential Pilot
- Black Panther: The Ladies of Wakanda Lead the Way
- Superman's Black Suit, Key Component of Snyder Cut, Revealed in Justice League Bonus Scene
- The 450 People Who Signed a Letter Asking for the New York Times Graphic Novel Bestseller List Back
- Outlander: Get Your Sassenach Hands on Bear McCreary's Season 3 Soundtrack Now
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #17: Game Over - Time for Trailer Reactions
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - Paul Bettany is a Smooth-Talking Crime Lord
- Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom Review – Well, at Least it Has Dinosaurs - June 22, 2018
- Uncle Drew Product is Taking Over Lids with Hats, Jerseys, and More - June 22, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Funko’s Godzilla Mystery Minis! - June 22, 2018
- Star Wars Sideshow Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi Up For Order - June 22, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi - June 21, 2018