If you haven’t seen the buzz about this fancy little device yet, let us introduce you to PocketSprite, which is essentially a Game Boy that can fit in your pocket or on a keychain. The creators being this little device threw up a crowdfunding page on Crowd Supply and managed to not only get the $20k funding they were asking for, they managed to score double that and then some, currently sitting at about $58k as of the time this was written with 38 more days left for people to continue funding the project.
According to the details, this is much more than just a retro game console that can slip into the small pocket inside your pocket that you don’t really use for anything. This is also a took for hackers to create on an open source dev platform and for game creators to enter into a content for a €1,000 prize for the most innovative game added to their system. There’s still time to donate and get in on one of the many versions they have, which will eventually start shipping out on May 15th, according to their page. Right now the highest priced one, the Deluxe Edition at $200, is the one that’s slowly starting to go after the other two exclusive versions sold out.
- Pokémon Crystal Announced for a January 3DS Release
- The SmartBoy Smart-Phone Gameboy Hybrid Is Coming To Europe
- The Recycled Console As Switch Dock Fad Continues
- Pokemon Developer Game Freak Might Be Working On A Console Game
- Poochy And Yoshi's Woolly World Is Cute But Nothing Special
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018