The Twitch Partner was dropped from his Fortnite eSports team, HavoK, after reports of his suicide-baiting comments made headlines. Jordan “Scubby” Selleck (JScubby on Twitch) said on a stream that if he knew someone was suicidal, “I would dare them to do it, and then I would never talk to them again.” Late last night, Scubby’s streams were dropped from Twitch for violation of their new Terms of Service, which were designed to combat toxic behavior.
Scubby’s comments came after a question was posed during his Fortnite stream in regards to another streamer saying she’d been dealing with suicidal ideation. Scubby’s stream was then picked up by other streamers and by viewers to report his behavior.
We believe in working with our players and streamers to strive towards becoming the best versions of themselves, however we have made the decision to part ways with Scubby.
We ask the community to help others when they can, and make an impact by supporting groups such as @HYSHO
— HavoK eSports (@HvKeSports) February 8, 2018
HavoK’s Fortnite team captain posted today that the team is now seeking a new player.
Scubby issued an apology last night, but it seems to have been too little too late. In his apology video, despite the frequent cuts, Scubby asserts that what he said on the stream did not reflect what he believes and that it was an “off the cuff” response because he was overwhelmed by the emotions he felt when the topic was brought up on his stream.
Since Havok’s tweet, Scubby has removed HavoK from his profile. He still claims to be a partnered streamer despite the terms of service violations. We’ve reached out to Twitch for further comment.
- Fortnite Feedback Leads To A Double Pump Shotgun Fix
- Twitch Launches New Features to Highlight Supportive Members
- Epic Games Is Removing The SMG From Fortnite
- Jagex Opens Up Third-Party Publishing Initiative Ahead of Gamescom - August 15, 2018
- The 2018 Call of Duty World Championship Starts Today - August 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Has Invaded the New York City Subway System - August 15, 2018
- 4A Games and Deep Silver Open Up Pre-Orders for Metro Exodus - August 15, 2018
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay - August 15, 2018