Greetings, dear readers! We’ve checked our calendars, and it’s time once again for our monthly check-in on Chris Hemsworth‘s Marvel contract status after Avengers 4. We’ve all known for some time that Hemsworth’s contract is up after the Infinity War sequel, meaning Thor, or at least Hemsworth’s version, won’t be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe going forward after that. However, Hemsworth gave Marvel fans a shocking during an Australian television interview, and by shocking, we mean it’s nearly word for word the same as the last time we checked in on Hemsworth’s contract status!
“My contract’s coming to an end, we’ve just finished the last two Avengers,” Hemsworth revealed for the seventeenth time, according to a transcription by espionage-themed pop culture site Digital Spy. “Who knows what the future holds?”
So yes, Chris Hemsworth’s contract is unfortunately still over after Avengers 4, despite hopes that the contract would magically rewrite itself, obligating Hemsworth for more movies.
However, in a shocking twist that is technically the same shocking twist as when he last spoke about it in January, Hemsworth let slip that he might be willing to reprise the role if the right script came along.
“We felt like we reinvented the last one in a big way,” Hemsworth said of Thor Ragnarok. “It felt refreshed and re-energised. We might have a conversation if there’s another great script that comes along. But at the moment that’s it.”
So there you have it. Chris Hemsworth’s time as Thor is still coming to an end after Avengers 4, unless he decides he wants to make more Thor movies.
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018