While yes, officially the Winter Olympics haven’t had their cauldron lighting and opening ceremony yet (that’s tomorrow night), things are kicking off in a big way tonight in PyeongChang.
Over on NBC (the official carrier of the Olympics in the US again), we’re going to get one of the highly anticipated events starting at 5 p.m. (PST). Specifically, men’s and pairs figure skating, including the short program for both disciplines.
You can see the nifty little skating commercial the official NBC Olympics facebook page posted here. (It gets bonus points because David Bowie.)
In addition to the skating competition, there will be live coverage of the qualifying round for freestyle skiing, both men’s and women’s moguls. If you don’t catch this block when it airs, don’t worry, NBC has it scheduled to repeat immediately following.
Also, over on the NBCSports channel starting at 5 p.m. (PST) you can catch more Curling (mixed doubles featuring US vs Switzerland), some Alpine Skiing (men’s downhill training), and some Luge (men’s training).
Directly following that first block on NBCSports is another Mixed doubles Curling event, featuring the US vs South Korea.
Join us tomorrow for a live tweet/live blog of the opening ceremonies starting at 5 p.m. (PST) on NBC and immediately repeating afterwards.
- [Olympics] General Hux and Captain Phasma, aka Pairs Skaters Morozov and Tarasova
- [Olympics] The Men's and Pairs Short Skate Team Event Is Happening RIGHT NOW
- ‘Picard’ Will Balance ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘Next Generation’ Says Kurtzman - December 10, 2018
- Brie Larson Adds ‘Captain Marvel’ Items to TimesUp Auction - December 10, 2018
- Disney’s Avengers Initiative Launching Global Park Presence - December 10, 2018
- New ‘Aquaman’ Clip Intros The Trench from New 52 - December 10, 2018
- Deadpool FINALLY Goes Too Far- Defends Nickleback - December 10, 2018