While yes, officially the Winter Olympics haven’t had their cauldron lighting and opening ceremony yet (that’s tomorrow night), things are kicking off in a big way tonight in PyeongChang.
Over on NBC (the official carrier of the Olympics in the US again), we’re going to get one of the highly anticipated events starting at 5 p.m. (PST). Specifically, men’s and pairs figure skating, including the short program for both disciplines.
You can see the nifty little skating commercial the official NBC Olympics facebook page posted here. (It gets bonus points because David Bowie.)
In addition to the skating competition, there will be live coverage of the qualifying round for freestyle skiing, both men’s and women’s moguls. If you don’t catch this block when it airs, don’t worry, NBC has it scheduled to repeat immediately following.
Also, over on the NBCSports channel starting at 5 p.m. (PST) you can catch more Curling (mixed doubles featuring US vs Switzerland), some Alpine Skiing (men’s downhill training), and some Luge (men’s training).
Directly following that first block on NBCSports is another Mixed doubles Curling event, featuring the US vs South Korea.
Join us tomorrow for a live tweet/live blog of the opening ceremonies starting at 5 p.m. (PST) on NBC and immediately repeating afterwards.
- [Olympics] General Hux and Captain Phasma, aka Pairs Skaters Morozov and Tarasova
- [Olympics] The Men's and Pairs Short Skate Team Event Is Happening RIGHT NOW
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018