Seems like it was just yesterday that I was writing up that the new Nathan Fillion series, The Rookie, had cast Afton Williamson to play his training officer and that they were still looking to cast his love interests… and that’s because it was just yesterday. Today, the new ABC straight-to-series project has announced that Melissa O’Neil (Dark Matter) has been signed to play Lucy, an intelligent, confident, tough, and compassionate LAPD rookie and love interest for Fillion’s 40-year-old rookie cop.
The character comes from a family that has had problems with the law, while she is the first in her family to choose the path of good and to wear a badge. There is a budding romance through the first season between her and John Nolan (Fillion).
The series has also cast Afton Williamson (Banshee) as Talia Bishop, Nolan’s training officer, and Eric Winter (Rosewood) as Tim Bradford, Lucy’s training officer.
O’Neil’s previous TV credits also include Lost Generation, Rogue, This Life, and she was the third season winner of Canadian Idol back in 2005.
The Rookie reunites Fillion with Castle showrunner and executive producer Alexi Hawley, who will be doing the same here. Fillion plays the oldest rookie in the LAPD as he is determined to make his second chance count.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018