Image has unveiled five new “virgin” variant covers as part of its hashtag #WeBelieve promotion that takes the bold stance that artists are important to the comic book making process. Shocking, we know. We thought artists couldn’t move the needle.
The virgin variants are billed as “without titles, endorsement quotes, names, logos, or jacket copy, these wraparound covers feature solely the jaw-dropping artwork that fans won’t want to miss,” and the latest round “showcase Kill or Be Killed artwork by Sean Phillips, Monstress artwork by Yoshi Yoshitani, Rumble artwork by David Rubín, The Beauty artwork by Jeremy Haun, and East of West artwork by Nick Dragotta,” according to a press release.
Here’s the mission statement:
We Believe in Artists will be the first of many initiatives throughout Image’s planned #WeBelieve 2018 campaign highlighting the important, lately overlooked contributions to the comics industry.
See the updated list of all previously released covers and the new ones below:
Available on Wednesday, March 7th, final order cutoff deadline on Monday, February 12th:
EXTREMITY #12 (Diamond Code JAN180743) by Daniel Warren Johnson
EAST OF WEST #36 (Diamond Code DEC178858) by Nick Dragotta
Available on Wednesday, March 14th, final order cutoff deadline on Monday, February 19th:
CURSE WORDS #12 (Diamond Code JAN180722) by Ryan Browne
MONSTRESS #15 (Diamond Code JAN180801) by Yoshi Yoshitani
RUMBLE #4 (Diamond Code JAN180820) by David Rubín
Available on Wednesday, March 28th, final order cutoff deadline on Monday, March 5th:
SPAWN #284 (Diamond Code JAN180831) by Todd McFarlane
Available on Wednesday, April 11th, final order cutoff deadline on Monday, March 19th:
BEAUTY #21 (Diamond Code JAN180700) by Jeremy Haun
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018